Obamacare has severe deficiencies and the current proposals are inadequate. The Federal Government needs to stabilize the market:
- Pre-existing health conditions are covered.
- Removal of employer-provided healthcare.
- Purchasing of healthcare through the open market (similar to car insurance).
- Contributions by employers to an employee’s HSA account to help build balance.
- Price TRANSPARENCY. Patients need to clearly see the price of a treatment and determine the out-of-pocket cost before receiving care while putting an end to negotiated medical prices.
- Creation of state domestic mutual insurance companies which provide a stable, last resort, competitive market.
- National database so doctors (with permission) can see diagnosis and prescriptions from other doctors.